Follow the guide through cobblestone streets and narrow alleyways as you get to hear about the original island of Stockholm, founded way back in the 13th century.
Old Town or Gamla Stan is filled with beautiful houses and cozy little squares but its history is ripe with blood chilling stories! With 750 years of history, Old Town has enough stories to last for a day-long tour: So we made sure to only include the very best ones! Also, we threw in lots of stuff about vikings for good measure.
Included in the tour
- Learn of the horror that was the Stockholm Bloodbath
- Discover the smallest statue in Stockholm
- The tragic tale of Crown Princess Margaret’s death
- The Royal Palace
- A real rune stone
- St George and the Dragon statue
- Stockholm Cathedral
- And more!
- Booking is required to keep groups smaller and safer. Thank you for understanding.
- Masks are not required but please use them if you can.
- Remember to keep some distance between you and others.
- The Old Town Tour starts at the top of the wide stairs by Sergels torg, and ends close to Slussen.
- The tour is usually 1,5-2 hours long
- Wheelchair accessible? Not really, due to cobblestone streets.
Old Town Tour Schedule
You need to book your free ticket for the tour so we can ensure smaller and safer groups. It is totally free. If you liked the tour you may tip your guide, they don’t get paid any other way.
Please note: Tours with very few bookings will get canceled and you will get the option to go on the tour another day. We will contact you by the email you use for the booking. Please make sure to check your email before the tour. If you can’t make it to the tour please contact us, it will be very helpful.