Follow the guide through cobblestone streets and narrow alleyways as you get to hear about the original island of Stockholm, founded way back in the 13th century.
Old Town or Gamla Stan is filled with beautiful houses and cozy little squares but its history is ripe with blood chilling stories! With 750 years of history, Old Town has enough stories to last for a day-long tour: So we made sure to only include the very best ones! Also, we threw in lots of stuff about vikings for good measure.
Included in the tour
- Learn of the horror that was the Stockholm Bloodbath
- Discover the smallest statue in Stockholm
- The tragic tale of Crown Princess Margaret’s death
- The Royal Palace
- A real rune stone
- St George and the Dragon statue
- Stockholm Cathedral
- And more!
Plan your day
- The Old Town Tour Sergel starts at the top of the wide stairs by Sergels torg, and ends close to Slussen.
- The Old Town Tour Slussen starts at the Slussen Metro entrance by Peter Myndes backe, and ends close to Sergels torg.
- The tour is usually 1,5-2 hours long
- Wheelchair accessible? Not really, due to cobblestone streets.