Want to make your time in Stockholm even more awesome? Check out these sites! There are also a lot of other cool free tours you don’t want to miss when you travel. Here’s a list of some we like.
- Do I need to make a reservation?
- How do I recognize the guide?
- I’ll be in Stockholm next month, but I can’t find any tour dates on the site?
- Do you give tours in any other language than English?
- We’re arriving by cruise ship, how can we get to the meeting point?
- What if it rains or snows?
- What if only a few people show up?
- What if I have to leave before the tour ends?
- There’s no tour scheduled when I’m in Stockholm! What should I do?
- How long do the tours last and where does it end?
- How far will we walk?
- How do I book a private tour with you?
- I’m a teacher with a school class, can we come to the tour?
- So how do you guys make money?
- I went on a tour and we took a group picture, where can I see it?
- Du you have a pub crawl as well?
- I want to be a guide! Where do I sign up?
1. Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes, you need to make a free booking in advance.
2. How do I recognize the guide?
Usually the guide will be holding a sign with the Free Tour Stockholm-logo, like so:
3. I’ll be in Stockholm next month, but I can’t find any tour dates in the schedule?
In order to be accommodating to our guides we just schedule the tours a few months ahead. Don’t worry we will post the tour schedule at least a month in advance, so just take a look at our site before your visit.
4. Do you give tours in any other language than English?
Yes, Spanish! Before the pandemic we also offered tours in German but they are unfortunately on hiatus for now.
5. We’re arriving by cruise ship, how can we get to the meeting point?
6. What if it rains or snows?
The tours run in all kinds of weather. We’re vikings! Here’s proof:
7. What if only a few people show up?
Then you’ll be able to hear the guide better! As long as at least 1 person has shown up and wants to take the tour, it’s on!
8. What if I have to leave before the tour ends?
That is not a problem but please let your guide know so he or she doesn’t wait for you at the next stop.
9. There’s no tour scheduled when I’m in Stockholm! What should I do?
That really sucks and we’re sorry! However, you can ask our guides for a private tour, which costs money but is absolutely excellent! If you’re interested, contact them here.
10. How long do the tours last and where does it end?
The tours usually last between 1,5 and 2 hours and they end at different places depending on the tour and the guide. However, usually they end here:
- Old Town Tour and Ciudad Vieja: Ends by Järntorget in Gamla stan, close to the Slussen and Gamla stan Metro stops
- Death in Old Town and Tour Siniestro: Ends at Riddarholmen, close to the Gamla Metro stop.
11. How far will we walk?
We’ll be walking for about 2 kilometers (about 1,5 miles).
12. How do I book a private tour with you?
We at Free Tour Stockholm do not offer our own private tours, instead we’d love it if you contacted the guides we work with directly here.
13. I’m a teacher with a school class, can we come to the tour?
Our Free Tours are aimed at individual visitors and small groups and we try to keep our groups small, so please contact the guides and ask for a private tour instead.
14. So how do you guys make money?
The only source of income the guides have is the tips that generous people think that they’re worth after having taken the tour. We don’t get paid by the city or anyone else. As all tip is voluntary, this is a way of ensuring that you’re always doing your very best – talk about direct feedback!
15. I went on a tour and we took a group picture, where can I see it?
You’ll find all of our tour pics on our Facebook page.
16. Du you have a pub crawl as well?
No, but check out our friends over at Stockholm Pub Crawl for a great night out!
17. I want to be a guide! Where do I sign up?
That’s great to hear! We’re always looking for the right people to join our Free Tour gang. We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic about Stockholm and its history and who loves talking in front of people. Your English also needs to be very good. Contact us and we’ll meet over coffee and discuss it!
Free Tours and More in Europe
Next City Tours: Berlin, Barcelona, Budapest, Dublin, Prague
Freedam Tours Amsterdam
Runner Bean Tours Barcelona
Feel Free Tours Barcelona
Free Budapest Walking Tours
Stag Kiss Budapest (Accommodations)
Good Cracow Tours: Cracow, Prague and Vienna
Free Tours by Foot London
Madrid Tapas Tours
MADride Tours Madrid & San Sebastian
Prague City Tour
Free Tour Rome
Free Zagreb Walking Tour
Zürich Walking Tours
Free Tour Hamburg (Español)
Mallorca Free Tour (Español)
Free Tours and More Outside Europe
Buenos Aires Free Walks
Hong Kong Free Tours
Free Montreal Tours
Nola Tours New Orleans
Free Walking Tour Peru
Tour Gratis Rusia (Español)
Salta Free Walks
Free Singapore Tour
Free Tours Sydney
Peek Tours Sydney & Melbourne
Free Walking Tour Barranco