If you want to see more of Stockholm than the typical tourist areas, this tour is for you. Söder is hip, bohemian, and fun. It also has some of the most amazing views of Stockholm and of course we’ll see them on the tour!
Södermalm, or Söder [pronounced “soeh-der”] for short, is the trendiest area in Sweden, and a hipster hangout rivalling New York’s Brooklyn and London’s Shoreditch. In the 1600’s, though, this was the poorest area in Stockholm. So what happened? Join the tour and you’ll find out!
On the Söder tour, we will show you how the locals live, and tell you about the people of Stockholm, past and present. The tour includes stories about the Stockholm witch trials, Scandinavian Design and the best spot to see a member of ABBA.
During the Söder tour, you will
- See the best views of Stockholm
- Find out where the locals go out to eat and drink
- Learn why Sweden is so expensive, and how much taxes we really pay
- Hear why so many dads are pushing prams in Stockholm
- Katarina Church
- And more!
Plan your day
- The Söder Tour starts by the Slussen metro entrance by Södermalmstorg.
- The tour is usually 1,5-2 hours long
- The tour ends close to Slussen and Mariatorget Metro stations
- Wheelchair accessible? No, sorry! We recommend taking the City Tour instead.
Söder Tour Meeting Point