For a more historical tour check out The Old Town Tour! Follow the guide through cobblestone streets and narrow alleyways as you get to hear about the original island of Stockholm, founded way back in the 13th century.
Old Town or Gamla Stan is filled with beautiful houses and cozy little squares but its history is ripe with blood chilling stories! With 750 years of history, Old Town has enough stories to last for a day-long tour: So we made sure to only include the very best ones! Also, we threw in lots of stuff about vikings for good measure.
Most of our Old Town Tours take place later during the day when it’s easier to move around in a large group, a perfect evening activity when shops and museums start to close up!
Included in the tour
- Learn of the horror that was the Stockholm Bloodbath
- Discover the smallest statue in Stockholm
- The tragic tale of Crown Princess Margaret’s death
- The Royal Palace
- A real rune stone
- St George and the Dragon statue
- Stockholm Cathedral
- And more!
Plan your day
- The Old Town Tour starts at the top of the wide stairs by Sergels torg.
- The tour is usually 1,5-2 hours long
- The tour ends close to the Slussen Metro station
- Wheelchair accessible? Not really, due to cobblestone streets.
Old Town Tour Meeting Point
Schedule for All Tours